We have lived in Elk Grove, California for 32 years. We have had Rhodesian Ridgeback since 2004 and our dogs are all raised in a family home environment loved by 5 Grand kids and all who meet them. Each puppy is part of our extended JusticeRidge Family.
- We are hands-on breeders, so if you want a dog with no further interaction with its breeders, that is not us at JusticeRidge.
- We have a lifelong commitment to our owners to be available and support for the life of each puppy.
- Our pups go home with a health exam certificate from the Kokopelli Assisted Reproductive Services Team of Veterinarians. They will have a complete physical exam with their first shot, worming and will be micro chipped. The AKC registration (prepaid) will be part of the “Puppy Go Home Bag” that will include many items to send with the puppy to their forever homes. All parents are DM normal with OFA clearances for hips, elbows, thyroid, heart, eyes, hearing and other health checks we feel should be performed to continue ensuring we breed for puppies to better our breed and strive to breed healthy pups. I invite you to review the links on this home page to OFA to review the health tests of our parents and other dogs we have bred and shown to their championship.
Below is an Overview / Summary of the Rhodesian Ridgeback:
- Ridges - Pups are either born with a ridge or not The ridge does not grow in or show up later. The ridge is the hallmark of the breed, but a ridgeless ridgeback is still the same pure bred dog, minus a feature. They are the same athletic, low maintenance dog
- Coat Color - Pups can be any shade of wheaten: light wheaten, wheaten, or red wheaten.
- Nose Color - Ridgebacks either have a black nose or a brown nose. The brown nose puppy is normally a livernose.
- Mask or Clear Face - Some pups have a full mask, some have dark shading, and some pups have no dark marking on their face at all.
- Show Puppies and Pets - The pups that have the best conformational quality ridges in the litter are usually designated as potential show dog. Show dogs are the dogs we may breed in the future so obtaining their chsmpionship is the first important step. It's an easier arrangement that you may think because we do the majority of the work earning their championship.
- Show Pups and Pets are the same price. Pets may have minor flaws that you might not even see or care about.